If you start to feel tired at work, if your eyes become itchy, your nose stuffy, or maybe your throat becomes scratchy it may not be the onslaught of the cold or flu. Many chemicals found in common cleaning products can have an adverse effect on your health. Here are the top 5 chemicals commonly used in cleaning products that may be creating an unhealthy work environment.
- Ammonia: Found in polishing agents for bathroom fixtures, sinks, and glass cleaners. Ammonia is a powerful irritant that leads to the development of bronchitis and asthma.
- Chlorine: Found in scouring powders, toilet bowl cleaners, and mildew removers. Chlorine is a respiratory irritant and may be a serious thyroid disrupter.
- 2-Butoxyethanol: Can be found in many window, kitchen, and multi-purpose cleaners. 2-Butoxyethanol causes sore throats when inhaled. At high levels can contribute to severe liver and kidney damage.
- Triclosan: Found in many hand soaps labeled “anti-bacterial”. Promotes the growth of drug-resistant bacteria. Probable carcinogen.
- Phthalates: Found in many fragranced household products. A known endocrine disruptor. Can trigger migraines and asthma.
The cleaning products used by ServiceMaster Clean of CNY contain none of these chemicals. As a leader in GREEN cleaning, ServiceMaster Clean of CNY creates a healthy and clean work environment where clients and employees can breathe easy. Doesn’t your work place deserve ServiceMaster Clean of CNY?